This week I am delighted to bring you the story of Evolve (aka Revolucion) – love in action through the voices of her two founders, Jason Leon and Steve Dobbins. [EDITOR’S NOTE: As of Jan 2017, Evolve received a new name, Revolucion! This page has been edited to reflect the updated name.]
Revolucion is a conscious business apparel company that offers stunning, sleek designs and each purchase comes with a unique social giveback, noted right on the tag. Jason and Steve share with us the special family connections that inspired them to create a conscious business for social good. They talk about the “tangible give-back” that makes Revolucion an innovative example of a conscious business that accounts for a “triple bottom line.” You’ll hear about their “Love Index” and the important role it plays in their ongoing work. Finally, Jason and Steve share how they chose their non-profit partners, and how their connections with other conscious leaders have helped them on their conscious business journey.
Episode Guests: Jason Leon & Steve Dobbins
@therevolucionLA | LinkedIn
Jason Leon has been working on the creation of Revolucion since his first year of graduate school, where he focused his studies on social entrepreneurship. Jason is avid yogi and marathoner who was inspired by his Portuguese grandfather, also an entrepreneur, to “never work for anyone else.” Revolucion reflects his deep commitment to use purpose-centric business to drive social impact and his belief that all change starts from within.
As the founder and CEO, Jason leads the design, manufacturing, and business development efforts. He previously worked for Dialog, a purpose-driven consulting group and digital marketing agency based in Austin, Texas. He directed operations for Serafina, a boutique clothing store specializing in children’s apparel. Jason holds an MBA in management and social entrepreneurship from the University of Texas.
@therevolucionLA | LinkedIn
Steve focuses on Revolucion’s marketing and brand strategy. He has led marketing and communications teams and worked directly with CEOs and business owners for more than 20 years. Steve’s leadership journey has taken him around the world, working in more than 30 countries. He has worn many hats… from small business owner and entrepreneur at Spin Creative for 12 years, to chief marketing officer for YPO – Young Presidents’ Organization for 7 years, and, most recently, senior vice president of member engagement at Vistage Worldwide, until he launched his own firm, Dobbins Group, earlier in 2016.
Steve has a passion for purpose-driven business, helping to build brands, drive compelling content, engage audiences, and grow dream teams. Steve is a passionate leader, lifetime learner, and eternal optimist who believes in the power of business to transform lives and create a better world for us all.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Revolucion – love in action : Offers a full range of high quality, yoga-inspired fitness apparel for women, with a men’s collection set for Fall 2016. But Revolucion is much more than yoga-inspired fitness apparel; it’s a commitment to a better world. Revolucion partners with non-profit organizations committed to social justice and the quest to end poverty. Each item purchased includes a social giveback, such as two days of school for a girl escaping the sex trade in Bangkok or a personal hygiene kit for a homeless youth in San Diego. Together, we can make a difference. Together we can change the world.
- Bonus Link! : Revolucion’s Love Index
- The Dobbins Group : Discovering and bringing your business story to life. Steve Dobbins heads up this exemplary team of writers, designers, and storytellers who drive marketing results. Check out their Brand Strategy Bootcamp, too.
- Wisdom 2.0 : addresses the great challenge of our age: to not only live connected to one another through technology, but to do so in ways that are beneficial to our own well-being, effective in our work, and useful to the world.
- The Hive Global Leaders Program : A 3-day leadership training program for mission-driven leaders, innovators, and entrepreneurs held at the Innovation Hangar at the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco. It is designed as the entry into a lifelong community of leaders working together on creating a better world.
- MakeChange Awards (LA) : Founded in 2015, the MakeChange Awards is one of the leading events that honors those companies and organizations creating the most positive social, economic, and environmental sustainability impact for a better world.
Books mentioned in this episode